- Get Involved
- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Four Season Farmers’ Market
Tricycle Gardens is growing and seeks a Mission Manager to advance the mission of the organization. This position works with the Director and Program staff both supporting and managing critical aspects of Tricycle Gardens’ mission and advancement strategies. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, take initiative, and manage multiple activities and deadlines. Exemplary oral and written communication skills, strong organizational skills and ability to influence and collaborate with others required. The ideal candidate has a strong interest and background in working with sustainable, urban agriculture and healthy food access.
This is a leadership position that will help direct and advance the mission of the organization. This position will build on the existing development foundation, conduct research, prospecting, grant writing and reporting, manage database entry and reporting, support seasonal and annual fundraising events, and manage volunteers and interns.
- Organizational, project planning and leadership skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: ability to interact effectively with community leaders, board members, corporate managers, prospects, donors, and a variety of volunteers
- Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks and be open to new learning experiences
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Creativity, drive, enthusiasm and initiative to carry projects to conclusion
- Ability to handle flexible hours (weekdays, some evenings, and an occasional Saturday and Sunday to help with events)
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft Office, WordPress and Salsa; Knowledge of social media tools: Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, website management
This is a full time position with a competitive salary and benefits.
Tricycle Gardens is an equal opportunity employer and an open and affirming community. We seek candidates of diverse backgrounds. For consideration, please email resume, cover letter and 3 writing samples to Sally@tricyclegardens.org. Thank you for your interest and please no phone calls.
On January 15th, Tricycle Gardens, joined by Pastor Morris Henderson of 31st Street Baptist Church; Peter Bernard, CEO of Bon Secours Virginia Health System; Dr. Jewel Hairston, Dean of Agriculture at Virginia State University; First Lady of Virginia Dorothy McAuliffe; and Audrey Rowe, Administrator of Food and Nutrition Services for the United States Department of Agriculture, announced our collaboration to increase access to fresh, local produce through urban agriculture.
The event also marked the transition of our weekly Four Season Farmers’ Market to 31st Street Baptist Church. Every Thursday from 11 AM – 1 PM, community members can purchase fresh, locally grown produce and double the value of their SNAP benefits thanks to Bon Secours Richmond Health System.
Buy your tickets to the FOOD event of the season here!
We’re moving indoors for the fall/winter! See details below.
Get ready for winter! Commonwealth Sustainability Works will provide a free* installation of energy saving equipment and conduct a whole-house energy efficiency consultation by one of Virginia’s top home energy auditors.
Up to $250 value at no cost to you.* Paid for by Dominion Virginia’s Power’s Home Energy Check-Up rebate.
Installed improvements may include:
- high-energy lightbulbs
- weatherstripping for exterior doors
- hot water pipe insulation
- smart power strips for electronics
- low-flow faucets and shower-heads
Mention Tricycle Gardens when you call and we’ll receive $20 for each check-up!
Call Andrew at 804.252.1486 to learn more.
*Certain conditions apply. Call us for details. Visit www.dom.com/hec-terms to view the Terms and Conditions for the Home Energy Check-Up program. Visit www.dom.com/hec-faq to view some frequently asked questions.
Support Tricycle Gardens during the Amazing Raise on September 17th – 18th by helping us raise $5,000 to support healthy food access for all!
To make a donation online:
1. Go to www.theamazingraise.org/#npo/tricycle-gardens
2. Make a donation of $25 or more (tip: if giving more, break the donation into $25 increments to maximize your support!).
3. Mastercard, Visa, Discover and American Express all accepted.
4. All donations are tax-deductible and support healthy food access for all!
Donors at the following levels will receive these cool prizes:
- $50: One ticket to the 6th Annual Harvest Celebration and Golden Trowel Awards
- $250: Guided tour of RVA’s Urban Farm with delicious farm treats
The highest supporter of each day will also receive a basket of fresh produce grown right on the farm!
Donations can be made either online or in person at our office location at 2314 Jefferson Avenue. We will have food, information about Tricycle Gardens, and an opportunity for you to help us win this amazing prize! For more information, click here.