- Get Involved
- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Four Season Farm Stand
Tricycle Gardens has done ground breaking work engaging individuals, community centers, non-profits, businesses and the city government to bring a collective effort to restore our urban ecologies and create beautiful public spaces throughout Richmond, Virginia. From hands-on experiential learning to more formal workshops and gardening programs, we are leading the way for a new understanding of how, by working together, we can create a healthier community for all.
By bringing urban agriculture, nutrition education and healthy food access to greater Richmond, Tricycle Gardens will improve the environmental landscape and strengthen the ecosystems of the local neighborhoods. Through partnerships with the community, schools, neighborhood youth and their families we are starting a grassroots movement for food security that will transform the health and well-being of our community for future generations.
To 10 ways you can help in 2011:
- Sign up to receive our e-newsletter for news and volunteer opportunities – http://oi.vresp.com/?fid=e023325735
- Attend a workshop – http://tricyclegardens.org/programs/category/workshops/
- Become a fan – http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Richmond-VA/Tricycle-Gardens/50295213771
- Follow us on Twitter – https://twitter.com/tricyclegardens
- Buy local when you shop at our weekly farm stand: Tuesday & Thursday from 4:00 – 6:00 pm at 2107 Jefferson Avenue, Richmond
- Use a rain barrel – you can buy one from us!
- Become a volunteer or team leader via HandsOn Greater Richmond – http://www.handsongr.org/
- Plant a garden in your backyard…we can teach you! For more information email our Farm Manager, Josh at email@example.com
- Advocate for more food producing green spaces within the City of Richmond
- Support our mission and donate now – http://tricyclegardens.org/donate/